Pastor Doris G. Deckard

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Pastor Deckard is a native Texan and lives in Dallas with her family. She preached her first sermon in 2004 and was ordained in 2008. Pastor Deckard has continued to preach and teach at Church of the Solid Rock. She has made her life all about service and participated in many workshops and seminars, from parenting symposiums to diversity conferences along with speaking engagements. Pastor Deckard has traveled locally and internationally, preaching and singing for the Lord. She is a Partnered Ally with the University of North Texas Equality and Diversity Programs and received many awards for her various community-outreach programs and volunteer services. One ministry very close to her heart is Sand Branch. As a Preacher of the Gospel, Pastor Deckard desires to introduce more souls to Christ as she encourages others to focus more on spirituality and their relationship with the Lord. Pastor Deckard founded D. G. Deckard Ministries in 2007, a 501c3 Christian organization. She is also the founder and Pastor of Church the Solid Rock, Dallas TX; a place of worship, acceptance and spiritual growth.

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Celebrate Life Without Excuses

I would never trade my loving family, my amazing friends and my wonderful life, for less gray hair or a flatter tummy....well....maybe. But anyway, as I have matured, I've become kinder and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra piece of chocolate cake or for not making my bed, or for buying that odd item that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde in my bedroom. After all, I AM entitled to a treat, and to be a little junky AND to be extravagant! :-)

I have seen too many sad people depart from this world much too soon and before they ever understood the great freedom that comes with growing up. Whose business is it if I choose to read or update my FaceBook page until the wee hours of the morning and sleep until....? I will sing out loud and dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 70's, 80's, 90's 2000's and if I choose to weep over a lost love, I will.

I may walk the beach in a 2PC swim suit and maybe skydive in my birthday suit if I choose to, despite the pitying and gasping glances. They, too, will get old.

I may sometimes be absent-minded but there again, some of life's challenges are worth forgetting. I eventually remember the most important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken and deeply wounded. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a parent dies, or even when somebody's beloved decides he or she decided to fall out of love with you. Sometimes broken hearts give us strength, understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile, and will never know the joys of being imperfect.

I am sooo blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turn gray and to have my youthful chuckles be 4ever etched into the depths of my soul. So many have never laughed but have frowned - then perishes before their hair could even turn silver.

As you grow in age, it is easier to be blatantly positive. And, growing older means that you should know better and make good choices. Growing older should mean that you really should care less about what other people think. I question myself less and less now. I have even earned the right to be wrong a times. So, I'm human!

I love who I am and very comfortable with me. I am free to be me. I love the person I am evolving to be. I know that I'm not going to live forever, but while I am alive, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, should have been, might have been or worrying about what will be.

Life is short so, I can eat dessert every single day if I want to, and laugh until my face hurts if I need to.

For you I wish: THAT YOUR FRIENDSHIPS NEVER FALL APART, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE DEEP FROM YOUR HEART!

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER!

- Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive