Pastor Doris G. Deckard

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Pastor Deckard is a native Texan and lives in Dallas with her family. She preached her first sermon in 2004 and was ordained in 2008. Pastor Deckard has continued to preach and teach at Church of the Solid Rock. She has made her life all about service and participated in many workshops and seminars, from parenting symposiums to diversity conferences along with speaking engagements. Pastor Deckard has traveled locally and internationally, preaching and singing for the Lord. She is a Partnered Ally with the University of North Texas Equality and Diversity Programs and received many awards for her various community-outreach programs and volunteer services. One ministry very close to her heart is Sand Branch. As a Preacher of the Gospel, Pastor Deckard desires to introduce more souls to Christ as she encourages others to focus more on spirituality and their relationship with the Lord. Pastor Deckard founded D. G. Deckard Ministries in 2007, a 501c3 Christian organization. She is also the founder and Pastor of Church the Solid Rock, Dallas TX; a place of worship, acceptance and spiritual growth.

Tuesday, February 08, 2022

It's a New You in 2022

Welcome to 2022. Yeah, I know it's February but -- the year is still young. 

Ever thought about what you will do next with every new year? Did you complete any tasks from the last year? Did you even make a New Year's Resolution??? I used to but not anymore. 

With every new year, there's an opportunity to either improve, change, grow, or move on from what's stopping you from advancing into that new you. 

Each year, I do a self-assessment of what I did the year before, and re-evaluate my goals + aspirations. If I see a need for a change or at least a revision or even a re-set, then I'll take those options into consideration. Sometimes you don't need to change a thing, if what you are pursuing is working well. No sleepless nights. No lamenting over what you shouda, couda, wouda, done; but just a peaceful journey and a good night's rest. 

Some things may keep you up at night, like -- the excitement of a new job, a new lover or newfound  soulmate..maybe hitting the lottery???LOL! It doesn't necessarily have to be worry or even regret that keeps you up at night so - let's not borrow that trouble.

For this year (2022), why not try a new YOU! 

I have a challenge for you: try looking at this new year as another opportunity to do ____ or to be _____ or to achieve _____ or to live your life on purpose. Safely but on purpose. A few risks; but not to the point to where you injure yourself or others. 

Try a new cuisine. A new or safer route home. Take a country drive or really explore your city. If it's safe, take the train downtown and really check it out. Don't be afraid to explore new "possibilities" and make some adjustments to your life. 

The worse thing you can do is NOT TRY. It's that "getting started" that seems to be the hardest part.

I remember the year I wanted to lose weight. I was a size _____ (a lady never shares). I lost about 40 lbs. in 1 year. HOW?? Working out in the early a.m. 3 days a week, religiously. I had to put in the work to get the results. And all I did was do something I love...walking and playing basketball. Some of the weight came back but - I called that my shelter-in-place bod 😆. Still at a good healthy size though. 

My point is, I decided to change my habits for the good, and it worked. I looked good and felt even better. I still look good and feel good too, most days. At my age, you feel your age some days. And other days, you feel 16 again. 

Yes, we have our life's challenges that can set us back BUT, we have to learn to persevere. Believe me, there have been days I wanted to quit but - I reached deep down inside to find the strength to lift my head and carry on. Of course through much prayer and grace, God helped me through.

Today, don't put off what you could have done yesterday. If you are able, start now. Right now. Right where you are. Start slow then build. Work your way up to the goal. If it's 5, 10, or 15 more pounds, go for it. If it's writing that book, start with one line at a time. Before you know it, you've written a page.

Just start (note to self) again. Just start.

Ok, that's all for now. See you back another time. Be blessed and enjoy the wonderful new you!

Pastor D

1 comment:

Blog Archive