A hater can be defined as someone that is jealous and envious, and spends all or most of their time trying to make you look small so they can look tall. When you begin to walk in your purpose, you will always attract some haters. This is why you have to be careful who you share your blessings and your dreams with because - some folk can't handle seeing you blessed. It's dangerous to wish you were somebody else. If God wanted you to be like somebody else, He would have given you what he gave them. "You can only walk in your own blessings." No one can beat YOU being YOU. Love yourself enough to appreciate yourself.
If you only knew what people have gone through to obtain what they have maybe - you would appreciate their success. The problem I have with haters is that they see my glory, but don’t know my story. If my grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, you can rest assure that the water bill is much higher. (to much is given, much is required)
We all have some haters among us; how do we recognize them?
* Haters don't want to see you happy
* Haters don't want to see you succeed
* Haters don't want you to get the victory
* Haters try to mimic everything you do
* Haters like to see you sweat
* Haters will not celebrate your purpose
Most of our haters are people that are supposed to be on our side. Be careful when people want to get close to you. (they smile in your face when all the time they want to take your place, those backstabbers) How do you handle the haters who you at least expect to have your guard up against?
* Know who YOU are in Christ
* Recognize that haters will NOT help you fulfill your purpose
* What you have is by divine purpose and not by human manipulation
Purpose does not mean having a job. You can have a job and still not fulfill your purpose. You can be a "good" person and still not walk in the will of God.
Having a clear sense of what God has called you to be is a great way to appreciate your purpose. What others think about you or what you have accomplished does NOT define your purpose. You will find yourself chasing dreams, goals and material possessions for false purposes. The more "stuff" you obtain, the more others will think about you??? The best way to expose your haters is to get sick or go broke then notice their behavior and enthusiasm towards you. If your only purpose in life is to tell someone that Jesus loves them - then you have fulfilled your purpose and will take your rightful place with God.
...remember, only what you do for Christ will last...
When God gives you favor, you can tell your haters, "Don't look at me, look at who is in charge of me." Therefore, stop the hating and appreciate me because God has raised me up. What you may see today does not mean that I have not gone through some tough trials to get here. Never judge a book by its cover! "The glass may be half full or half empty; only you get to decide who can deposit and debit your glass." Be blessed today and appreciate the blessings and favor in all of God's creation.
Now, go and get YOUR blessings .........
Pastor Doris G. Deckard
- Pastor Deckard
- Dallas, Texas, United States
- Pastor Deckard is a native Texan and lives in Dallas with her family. She preached her first sermon in 2004 and was ordained in 2008. Pastor Deckard has continued to preach and teach at Church of the Solid Rock. She has made her life all about service and participated in many workshops and seminars, from parenting symposiums to diversity conferences along with speaking engagements. Pastor Deckard has traveled locally and internationally, preaching and singing for the Lord. She is a Partnered Ally with the University of North Texas Equality and Diversity Programs and received many awards for her various community-outreach programs and volunteer services. One ministry very close to her heart is Sand Branch. As a Preacher of the Gospel, Pastor Deckard desires to introduce more souls to Christ as she encourages others to focus more on spirituality and their relationship with the Lord. Pastor Deckard founded D. G. Deckard Ministries in 2007, a 501c3 Christian organization. She is also the founder and Pastor of Church the Solid Rock, Dallas TX; a place of worship, acceptance and spiritual growth.
- ► 2017 (5)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (15)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (24)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (21)
- ▼ 2007 (24)