- With all of them I am polite.
- I joke with some of them.
- I sit down and talk about serious matters with a few of them.
- With another I laugh waaay too much until my stomach hurts!
- To another, I listen to problems.
- Then I seek wise counsel from another.
They are my friends who understand me (for the most part); who support me through good days and bad days. We pray together and for each other.
Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health. Dr. Oz calls them Vitamin F (for Friends) and counts the benefits of friends as essential to our well being.
Research shows that people [in strong social circles] have less risk of depression and terminal strokes. If you enjoy Vitamin F constantly, you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age.
The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your most intense moments it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%. Wow!
I'm so happy that I have a stock of Vitamin F!
We should value our “real friends” and keep in touch with them. We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together, pray for each other, and encourage one another in the tough moments.
Thanks for being my Vitamin F!!!