Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers.' Ecclesiastes 7:19
Thinking For A Change by John Maxwell says: 'The right thought, plus the right people, in the right environment, at the right time, for the right reason, always produces the right result.' Let us examine those words:
1) The right thought. Thinking produces ideas and ideas have power. But every idea begins as a 'seed thought' and you have to nurture it!
2) The right people. Every time you expose the right idea to the right people, incredible things happen. In their company it blossoms and becomes infused with possibility.
3) The right environment. In the right environment thinking is valued, ideas flow freely, fresh eyes are welcome, change is expected, questions are encouraged, egos are checked, ideas stimulate better ideas, and thinking generates teamwork.
4) The right time. The Emperor Hadrian said, 'To be right too soon, is to be wrong.' While still in the stretching stage of an idea, present it without expectations, time frames or rigidly defined goals. Why? Because if you try to implement your ideas too early they may not survive.
5) The right reason. J P Morgan said, 'A man always has two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason.' Motives matter. Selfish motives disqualify us; God only gets behind ideas that fulfill His purposes and demonstrate that we care for others. Sometimes an idea becomes great when it partners with another one; other times it excels just as it is. One thing's for sure: as you stretch your thinking, you will discover that your thinking is stretching you.
HAVE A BLESSED HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!
Pastor Doris G. Deckard
- Pastor Deckard
- Dallas, Texas, United States
- Pastor Deckard is a native Texan and lives in Dallas with her family. She preached her first sermon in 2004 and was ordained in 2008. Pastor Deckard has continued to preach and teach at Church of the Solid Rock. She has made her life all about service and participated in many workshops and seminars, from parenting symposiums to diversity conferences along with speaking engagements. Pastor Deckard has traveled locally and internationally, preaching and singing for the Lord. She is a Partnered Ally with the University of North Texas Equality and Diversity Programs and received many awards for her various community-outreach programs and volunteer services. One ministry very close to her heart is Sand Branch. As a Preacher of the Gospel, Pastor Deckard desires to introduce more souls to Christ as she encourages others to focus more on spirituality and their relationship with the Lord. Pastor Deckard founded D. G. Deckard Ministries in 2007, a 501c3 Christian organization. She is also the founder and Pastor of Church the Solid Rock, Dallas TX; a place of worship, acceptance and spiritual growth.
- ► 2017 (5)
- ► 2016 (7)
- ► 2015 (15)
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (25)
- ► 2011 (24)
- ► 2010 (29)
- ▼ 2009 (43)
- ► 2008 (21)
- ► 2007 (24)