Pastor Doris G. Deckard

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
Pastor Deckard is a native Texan and lives in Dallas with her family. She preached her first sermon in 2004 and was ordained in 2008. Pastor Deckard has continued to preach and teach at Church of the Solid Rock. She has made her life all about service and participated in many workshops and seminars, from parenting symposiums to diversity conferences along with speaking engagements. Pastor Deckard has traveled locally and internationally, preaching and singing for the Lord. She is a Partnered Ally with the University of North Texas Equality and Diversity Programs and received many awards for her various community-outreach programs and volunteer services. One ministry very close to her heart is Sand Branch. As a Preacher of the Gospel, Pastor Deckard desires to introduce more souls to Christ as she encourages others to focus more on spirituality and their relationship with the Lord. Pastor Deckard founded D. G. Deckard Ministries in 2007, a 501c3 Christian organization. She is also the founder and Pastor of Church the Solid Rock, Dallas TX; a place of worship, acceptance and spiritual growth.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hopeful Heart

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Psalm 37:3

How is it that the wicked prosper? Do you ever wonder why evil seems to exceed good? Me too. If you read the entire chapter of Psalm 37, you will cease to ponder these questions. The ungodly will wither away and righteousness will take charge and rule over evil.

This week, I had a major melt down due to the injustices of life. I thought to myself, how can people continue to be so cruel and uncaring? How can these people sleep at night? Psalm 37:12-13 says the wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

After all, I'm walking in the will of God yet still, I have to go through. How can someone who's so strong just loose control of their emotions???
....because I'm human. (I too have my moments)

Where was MY outlet? Who was I to vent to? After I found my outlet and was able to vent, my focus was replenished. I thanked God for seeing me through the storm.

Once I had some time to chill, I realized that I had lost my focus. I began to focus on my small problem instead of God's promises. My problem became my focus and I felt myself slipping into this black hole! Before my mind could say Stop!..Enough!..No more!.. Get a grip!..God's got it!.. My future is in His hands not mine!...I typed up my "I quit letter" and marched in my bosses office and said, I'm done! I knew in my spirit that God would worked it out because He knew I was justified in my actions. God IS my source for everything and strength in all things.

NO WEAPON formed against me will EVER prosper!!!! My God IS God and I am His daughter. I have been set apart to do the will of Him who sent me and to complete the work.

In studying Psalm 37 this morning, my spirit realized that God was speaking to me; then, I get to work and more from God. Wow; what an awesome God we serve!! Yes, the favor & blessings of the Lord are on my side. My major melt down was the end of a new beginning. Praise God that storm is over now!

I have been justified by faith and vindicated by salvation! I will continue to do good, as this is God's will for my life. I have heaven business to conduct and I am not about to stop now!!

Never give up hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive